This Master program is no longer active.
The program offers a Professional MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering (awarded by Carnegie Mellon) and a Master of Business Administration (awarded by Porto Business School).
The MS ECE/MBA program runs for one full year at the Porto Business School campus, followed by two semesters at the CMU campus. When entering the program during the Fall semester, the student would spend their first full year at the Porto Business School, and their second year (Fall and Spring semesters) at CMU.
– The MS in ECE (96 units) corresponds to 8 ECE courses (12 units each), with 6 courses taken at the CMU campus and 2 courses taken at Porto Business School.
– The full-time MBA program (640 lecture hours, 75 ECTS – European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) is fully run at the Porto Business School campus and further includes an international week delivered at a foreign business school.
The program seeks candidates with an engineering or science background and a minimum of two years of work experience. Applicants to the program must:
– Hold a degree from an accredited university
– Possess fluency in English (TOEFL or IELTS required for non U.S. students)
– Possess two years of work experience
– Provide GRE test scores
After a review of submitted documentation, eligible candidates will be interviewed (via Skype) by the Magellan MBA Admissions Committee at the Porto Business School.